Such a large gap between the creation of a project and its implementation is explained by the skeptical attitude of stakeholders towards the, at that time, revolutionary "clear deconstructivism and anarchic precision" of the work of Austrian architects. At the second stage of the competition, they had to bring the appearance of the future building in line with the customer's expectations.
At the same time, the interior has remained the same original, so now the building demonstrates a sharp contrast between the interior space and the facade.
In general, the project is based on the reflection of the urban planning situation in the area: next to the old building of the Academy in 1876, according to the project of Gottfried von Neureuther, the ceremonial buildings of the Academistrasse, various low-rise buildings of the Schwabing district and the green spaces of Leopold Park with the monuments of architecture located there converge at one point.
This knot is reflected in the intersecting lines of the interior: inclined supports, steep staircases and diagonal ramps. The multidirectional movement of these elements of the interior space transfers the accumulated tension to the visitor who is there.
The extensive glazing of the lobby is contrasted with the metal cladding of the rest of the building.
Critics have already noted a certain anachronistic nature of the building, wholly owned by the first half of the 1990s, as well as the lack of thoughtfulness of the project, in particular, the layout, design and lighting conditions for workplaces and workshops.