The new building is officially named Leslie L. Dan's Wing and is owned by the Faculty of Pharmacology. Equipped with the latest technology, it can accommodate over 1000 students. There are both lecture halls and laboratories for practical studies, as well as administration premises. Previously, they were dispersed throughout the campus.
To harmonize the building with its surroundings, Norman Foster raised its main volume by 20 meters - above the five-story colonnade surrounding the glazed "podium". This height corresponds to the level of the cornices of two architectural monuments located nearby: the old building of the University and the Parliament of Ontario.
Inside this transparent base of the building are two silvery oval volumes - one contains an auditorium with 60 seats, the other contains a faculty rest room.
In the center, the building is "cut through" by an atrium covered with a glass roof.